Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Days 13 and 14 - GAPS On the Go!

Over the last two weekends I have not only remained true to my GAPS plan, which in and of itself is plenty of work, but I have also traveled to see family out of state.  I have a fairly good system down for making travel easier while in the Intro phases of GAPS.

I freeze as much of my food as I can ahead of time, which allows for it to travel much better.  The soups, broth, grated ginger, vegetables, meat and sauerkraut juice can all be frozen.  To easily freeze the grated ginger, I purchased some round pop-out ice cube trays.  For the other items, I ordered Reditainer freezer containers from Amazon (also available at http://reditainer.com/) since they withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures well.

As for other supplies, I packed the following:
  • 1-qt pan, 2-qt pan and 3-qt pan, with corresponding lids
  • Pyrex glass measuring bowl with handle and spout (to pour broth and water into thermoses)
  • 2 or 3 thermoses for carrying hot broth, water and soup around all day
  • 2 travel mugs (one for ginger tea and one for broth)
  • Tea ball for making ginger tea
  • Dish wand and dish soap
  • 2 mini crock-pots to reheat food
Another key is to make sure to eat or drink broth before going out, since family and friends will be able to grab a snack anywhere, but that is not the case for those of us doing GAPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment