Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 3 - God, Frankincense and Kidneys

It's so interesting to me how everyone has different physical reactions to detoxing.  For me and several others I've spoken to during a detox, there is an emotional aspect.  I become much more reflective and my thoughts naturally turn to relying on God for strength when my body is in a more vulnerable state.  Songs I hear on Joy FM like Matt Maher's "Lord, I Need You" and Plumb's "Need You Now" are especially of interest.

One symptom I always have during the first few days of a detox is that every toxin leaving my body seems to do so through the pores on my face.  I am having a breakout on otherwise non-problematic skin.  So, last night I decided enough was enough.  I used one of my favorite dōTERRA oils, Frankincense, which is great for skin upsets.  I mixed it with a little coconut oil and applied it to the troubled areas on my face.

Another symptom that I experience is an unusual awareness of my kidneys / adrenals.  I wouldn't describe it as pain, so much as a mild discomfort.  Hopefully proof that they are working hard to eliminate toxins.  Having been through this before, and knowing that it is common with others who detox, I'm not concerned.  It usually passes quickly as more toxins depart & as I stay well-hydrated.

1 comment: