Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 2 - GAPS is not for the faint of heart

I would strongly urge anyone going through the intro phases to limit your schedule.  Even though I am a veteran "detoxer" I still underestimated how tired I would be and still hosted an essential oil class last night and had a dental cleaning at 7:45 this morning.  That got me a grand total of about 5 hours of sleep, which is not enough during these initial days.  Although always gluten-free, I had not been staying clear of sugar, caffeine or other grains and starches.  It is intense to give all those things up at once, and our bodies are definitely feeling it (in the way of a spacy feeling, headache, tiredness and some nausea).

4 comments:

  1. Most definitely, I need to learn to have boundaries for myself, not so much other people or things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar detox is rough. Not only is it hard on our marriage it's hard to stick with. Somebody always brings in doughnuts on a day when I'm feeling weak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally see how doughnuts might threaten your marital bliss while on a sugar detox!!

      Delete